Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Baroque Lady Portrait Corset

This corset is my new favourite. It's white taffeta with a portrait pendant on the front. Three layers of fabric are sewn together to give the garment strength and structure. Boning channels are sewn through all three layers of fabric on the side and back panels. The front is embellished with the portrait, teal velvet ribbon and gold trimming in a zig-zag design common of Baroque and Tudor style costume. White ruffles embellish the top and give a little "Marie Antoinette" touch. Gold satin bows tie the straps down, and cream nylon cording ties up the back. I am absolutely IN LOVE with this design. I custom designed the pattern myself - using the Marie Antoinette corset pattern and altering it to my design requirements. There are 32 bones throughout the corset - all are plastic 9mm.

This corset is now listed on Etsy. Check out the listing HERE.













No comments:

Post a Comment