Monday, June 21, 2010

White Doily Tights

I'm back.
Last week I had the flu and felt like doing NOTHING.
But finally, yesterday evening, while watching the horrible show Underbelly, I decided to start my tights project. Remember my post on other blogs and their amazing tights? Well, I was inspired and decided to make my own.

I bought a pack of these awesome vintage crocheted doily things, and some "chandelier" beads to make my own version of chandelier tights.

I started by sewing on the doilies. It didn't take as long as I thought, but I was also entertaining myself with that horrible tv show. I felt like my Grandpa DJ's female friend at my cousin's wedding when I was 4. I fell over and ripped a hole in my white lace tights, and she darted them together on the spot. I don't remember her name, but I do remember the amazing job she did so quickly.


It's easier to do this job when wearing the tights. It means that when you sew, you sew to the stretched material, so you can actually pull on the tights. 



I placed the doilies randomly around the contours of my leg. I will sew all of the front ones, then take the tights off, spin them around, and put them on back to front to be able to sew the back doilies. Once all the doilies are in place, I'll start placing the chandelier beads in amongst the pretty lace shapes.

 

I will continue to sew more tonight while watching TV and update y'all with a good photo.

...

Number of times "doily" or "doilies" was written in this post: 8
I feel like a Nanna.

No comments:

Post a Comment