Sunday, August 1, 2010

DIY Fringe Shirt



This is probably the easiest DIY project I've posted. All you need is a plain t-shirt, some fringe from Lincraft and a sewing machine.

Step 1: Pin the fringe around the neckline of the t-shirt from shoulder to shoulder and cut off excess.

Step 2: Sew along the top edge of the fringe band and neckline.

Step 3: Sew along the bottom edge of the fringe band.

Step 4: Wear it.

The gold fringe was actually left over from the model box I made for "The Schelling Point." It's been sitting in my materials bin for a few months now and I always knew I was going to make a t-shirt with it, but never got around to it. Yesterday I was lost for something to wear, and since my sewing was already set up because I'm doing costumes, I decided to do it then and there. It literally took about 2 minutes to make. Easy Peasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment