Friday, February 25, 2011

Lady Portraits

I have hit a gold-mine when it comes to corset designs - printed fabric panels! They'd make a beautiful accent to any simple corset, and be one-of-a-kind. I ordered this Marie Antoinette panel off of Ebay from Carolines Handmades. She custom prints images onto different fabrics primarily for quilting purposes. It's a full body portrait of Marie wearing a stunning apricot dress dolled up to the nines. I'm so excited to make a corset out of it, I'm just trying to find the right one.



This little wall hanging I found in the Newtown Vinnies, and I'm now kicking myself that I didn't get the partner to it (which really wasn't as pretty, but would come equally handy). It's a portrait of a young Baroque girl in a grey dress. She's so delicate with her long neck and tiny waist. This "cameo" can easily be reshaped to sit onto the breast of a corset. This corset is currently in the making and a photo shoot will be up next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment