Sunday, February 6, 2011

Mardi Gras!

It's been just less than a month since my last post, but I have a VERY good excuse. I was asked to be the costume designer on Canary and was given 2 weeks to do the job. Canary is a beautiful show on at the New Theatre (it opened Wednesday the 2nd of Feb) about the change in the acceptance of homosexuality since the sixties. The script is heart-wrentching; I highly recommend it.

As I said, I was given 2 weeks to pull this show together. When I got the gig, I was so excited to work on a Mardi Gras show - sequins and feathers! But no, it's much more serious, but still as beautiful. There are only 8 actors, but there are at least 30 characters! So lots of costume changes and lots of characters to think of, making my job a lot more difficult than I thought. But I believe it worked out really well.

Canary is on at the New Theatre in Newtown until the 5th of March.

No comments:

Post a Comment