Friday, February 25, 2011

Ruffles



I have a current obsession with ruffles. They just make everything so dramatic and "rococo," and I love my rococo and infatuation with Marie Antoinette. The two current corsets I'm making are ruffle-tastic for a little touch of feminine.

The official definition of a ruffle "in sewing and dressmaking" is a strip of fabric, lace or ribbon tightly gathered or pleated on one edge and applied to a garment as a form of trimming. There are many synonyms, such as frill, furbelow and flounce, but ruffle seems to be the most catching. It's the most girly, and really, any girl likes ruffles, bows and sequins! Unfortunately, the two corsets on the go don't have sequins, but they're abundant in the other two girly goodies. I do hope they are popular, as they both are my favourite so far. Photos will be up next week as I still have to do the eyelets.



 "What do you like better, with ruffles or without?" 
Always with!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment