Friday, November 30, 2012

Bloom me up, Scotty

I've been dying to create a flower costume every since I designed the perfect flower tutu for Pippin that was cut even before we started making it. Luckily, all the materials were already bought by the production, so when it came time to make a flower costume for myself I had everything I needed already! The only good thing that came out of that production :D

So when the final Peel for 2012 came up, I knew it was the perfect opportunity to break out the flowers. Dancing to "White Rabbit" by Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, a tutu wasn't quite appropriate so a belly dance costume was made and moved tantricly with me.

The final piece-de-resistance was the unravelling of the skirt, which was a design element from the beginning. The final piano solo of the music works perfectly for this act, and stripping down to the breathtaking c-string.

Below are the preview shots from my photo shoot with the amazing Dream Photography. Make up and Body Paint was done by Nick Plummer.


No comments:

Post a Comment