Saturday, September 18, 2010

Designs for Marie Antoinette Burlesque Costume

I've been inspired by my friend, Miss Lauren La Rouge, who's a fantastic burlesque dancer and was the "singer" in "The Schelling Point." I watched my favourite movie of all time, Sophia Coppola's Marie Antoinette (it's horrible, but it's beautiful) and decided to have some fun and design my own burlesque costume. It also meant some time out from the current play I'm designing, which is a bit of a doozy.

Here is a design for a corset and pantaloons in different colour choices. Tell me which variation you like best. I have the fabric, and I'm doing a corsetry course of the next couple of weeks, so this costume may actually become reality sometime soon.

1. 

2.  

3.  
Designs Copyright (c) Marissa Dale-Johnson 2010


Recognize the Manolo Blahniks?

So comment and tell me which colour variation (1, 2 or 3) you like best.

3 comments:

  1. marie antoinette is amazing! i love your blog; your ideas are always so creative and intersting!

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you! It's so flattering to see someone really enjoys the blog. I do try to make it a worthwhile visit on the web.

    Which Marie Antoinnette colour scheme do you like best?

    ReplyDelete
  3. number 1 is pretty and girly, I like it!

    ReplyDelete