Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Gold Jeffery Campbells Hikers

I fell in LOVE with these Gold Jeffery Campbells (STEM) when I saw them, but I didn't have the heart to dish out US $200 for a pair. So, I decided to make them myself.

I bought a pair of $40 denim boots from Rubi Shoes, some spray paint and red laces. I covered the surface I was working on in newspaper so I didn't destroy the floor of my garage, and sprayed the boots gold. It took about 3 or 4 coats until they had a nice sheen (and now I've noticed that the gold paint falls off the denim, so extra coats are necessary through wear). I then put the red laces in, and TA DA!

2 comments:

  1. I think your DIY shoes might look better than the original, actually. They are less high-heeled and the colour is nicer. The laces are a bit too bright though to match the painted denim & sole, I fear.

    Thanks for sharing.

    http://davidikus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Thanks :D I was actually looking at the originals thinking that I might get them anyways, but you've spared me $200 with your comment. :D

    I know the laces look bright in the picture, but they're actually not as orange-y as they look. They are more of a classic cherry red. The backlighting in the photograph just made them look a little funny.

    ReplyDelete