Thursday, September 30, 2010

Corsetry Class #1

As stated in the link with the Marie Antoinette designs, I'm currently doing a corsetry course. Last Sunday was my first lesson, and we made our own patterns, cut out the fabric, and cut all the boning. Now we'll be ready to sew it all together in the next class. The style of corset we're making is in the Tudor style because they are the most simple in construction, however I've designed mine to be more of the Rococo style - like my Marie Antoinette designs.

My pattern

The back piece with boning pencil marks

The front pieces with bones in place
The bones we use are 1cm wide bits of plastic cut to lengths

And here's my design
I've bought blue ribbon to make the bows, gold trimming for details and pink velvet ribbon for the middle of the gold trimming for a more Baroqe texture.
This design is very similar to my original designs. It the same fabric just an easier corset type to make. 



No comments:

Post a Comment